This year, Safer Gambling Week takes place from 1st-7th November 2021. Here at Jammy Monkey, we constantly work to keep you, our players, safe when gambling – not just for this one week, but for the whole year.
However, it’s during this week that we highlight the importance of talking to players, staff and the general public about how to gamble more safely. This includes giving advice and showing people the means available to help.
We, along with all our sister brands, take the well-being of players very seriously, which is why we are part of the nationwide Safer Gambling Week initiative. We want to ensure that people know that Jammy Monkey is there for them should they need any help with this matter.
Why Safer Gambling is important to Jammy Monkey
Gambling unsafely can have a huge impact on both the lives of individuals and of those around them. Of course, at Jammy Monkey, we want to make sure that people are having fun. But a huge part of this enjoyment factor means making sure that people are playing safely and responsibly. We also want to make sure that people are in control of their money and lifestyle.
If you think that you may need support or guidance when it comes to safer gambling, Jammy Monkey can offer help towards beating unsafe gambling habits.
What advice does Jammy Monkey give?
Right at the top of the Jammy Monkey homepage is a shield with the letters ‘SG’ inside of it. Click on that to be taken to our Safer Gambling page. This page is full of help, advice and contact details of outside companies that can help you on your journey to being a safe gambler.
A few pieces of advice for now are:
- Set Session Limits – Before you play, you can set a time limit of how long you want to play for. This will go off when your time is up, and you can decide if you want to keep playing from then.
- Set Deposit Limits – You can limit the amount you spend over a certain period of time. This limit can be 1 day, 7 days or 6 weeks.
- Set a Cool-Down Period – A cool-down period locks you out of Jammy Monkey, and our sister sites, for a set time. We fully endorse cool down periods as a time for you to step back and assess how you feel about things. From here you can decide if you are ready to keep playing or if you want to take part in self-exclusion.
- Opt for Self-Exclusion – If you feel that you can no longer gamble safely, then you can Self-Exclude. This excludes you from entering our sites and receiving notifications from us and other gambling firms. This will last a minimum of 6 months.
- Contact Our Safer Gambling Team – If you need some person-to-person advice, call our friendly support team who will give you the advice you need. Call 03301 743658 or Text HELP to 84915 for a free call back.
Unsafe gambling can happen to anyone. If you feel like you need help, follow our advice, and please don’t hesitate to contact us.